Meetings of Sumi Ink Club can be organized by anyone at any time using simple materials, and following these basic guidelines:
• meetings are free and open to the public of all ages
• everyone uses the same materials (brushes and ink, or equivalent)
• everyone works on the same drawing surface
• anyone can add to anyone else’s drawing
• move around the drawing, don’t get stuck in one spot
• don’t dilute the ink, blackest black is best
• everyone agrees when the drawing is finished
All images of drawings made by Sumi Ink Club belong to the Public Domain, and can be freely used in any way by anyone—to print a zine, create designs, or to share online—there is no limit to how you can use the drawings you have made together.
Each physical drawing (the piece of paper / wall / window, etc) remains the shared property of everyone who contributed to its making, to do with as they please.
For more in depth information about how to organize your own meeting, download the printable guide to making your own Sumi Ink Club or get in touch.
Once you’re ready, be sure to add any flyers, meeting announcements, drawings, documentation etc that you’d like to share here.